M/Y Mangusta (131 ft. Overmarine)
As Master of the 40m new build Motor Yacht Mangusta, It is my pleasure to be writing this letter of commendation for Gold Coast City Marina & Shipyard. GCCM was highly recommended to us through a reliable source, while based in Fiji and seeking a world-class shipyard in the South Pacific to carry out extensive repair & refit works as well as a 5 year survey. The shipyard lived up to our expectations, while even exceeding them on several occasions.
Our tenure at GCCM lasted 4 months, from July to Oct 2021. Our extensive job list included: Fresh & black tanks re-coating, class approved soft patch installation in transom, generator re-builds, main engine half-life overhauls, Rolls Royce jet drive overhaul, electrical design and overhauls, paint repairs, interior repairs, deck repairs, tender refits, and 5 year class survey items.
I would like to give special accolades to the following contractors involved in our diverse project. We had a great experience with each of them and would not hesitate to enlist any one of them again:
- Sweep Marine Services ~Tank re-coatings, paint repairs, vessel protection & encapsulation
- O’neill Shipwrights ~Transom Soft Patch, Underwater Lights Installation
- Benson & Brown ~Marine Electrical Survey & Design, ‘cutting-edge’ installations
- Pacific Maritime Solutions ~Engineering Systems & Hydraulics, Rolls Royce KaMeWa systems
- Transmarine Asia Pacific ~MTU Diesel M/E and Kohler Generator Overhauls
- Lumark ~Bespoke Metal Fabrication
- Australian Marine Enterprises (AME) ~Bespoke Custom Tender Refit
- Finishline Paint ~Yacht & Tender Coatings
- Pacific Trim ~Marine Trimming & Upholstery
- WISE Boatbuilding ~Deck Repairs
- Bradford Marine Services ~Antifouling
On-site project management by Pete Grocock was an immense support to us. Pete’s drive & energy, dynamic abilities, and positive contractor relations ensured maximum results. The travel-lift team were calm, safe, and dependable. The 24hr security team were on-point, professional, and helpful. The Quarterdeck Restaurant and it’s friendly staff provided culinary support to our crew, and a serene atmosphere in which to dine and relax.
I most appreciated the management in their flexibility to our unique needs and ever-changing itinerary. They were always accommodating and showed great resourcefulness in problem solving. We depart on a high note, and I would not hesitate to return again in future aboard this vessel or any other in my command.
Vessel Captain – Lachlan Griffiths